How Far Along: 25 weeks.
First pregnancy’s post from within this week!
Baby size and random info: (thanks to Alpha Mom)
- Weighs about 1 1/2 pounds and is 13 1/2 inches long.
- Is growing more hair, with a distinctive color and texture and everything.
- Have a uterus the size of a soccer ball.
- Have probably noticed a decent increase in your belly size over the past few weeks — your fundal measurements (the length between your pubic bone and the top of your uterus) grew about an inch-and-a-half in the past four weeks alone.
- May start experiencing uterine contractions soon, if you haven’t already.
Symptoms: Been very tired and having trouble sleeping. I’ve cut out my daily nap with Daphne and I sleep a little better, if only to be bombarded with heartburn at night. Only waking once or twice a week to go to the bathroom at night, thankfully. Had a rough week emotionally.
Went to the gym every day this week and even attended two aerobics classes. Made me feel really good.
How I’m feeling: Lord, emotionally I’m a wreck. Can’t seem to get a hold of myself. Went to Bath and Body Works to pick up some new holiday scents for the home. One has brightened my spirit this morning, Sweater Weather. I’m feeling tired. Definitely excited for this baby but overwhelmed with thoughts of “How am I gonna do this?!”
Week’s highlights: Bought a few new books (Gone Girl, Crime and Punishment) and am excited to start reading them. Received a t-shirt quilt commission. The weather is getting colder!
Boy or Girl? Girl, as far as we know! Been working on choosing a baby name but can’t decide!
Cravings: Been craving lemonade!! Haven’t felt very well all week, so I haven’t been eating a whole variety of foods. Love my staples of banana, protein chocolate drinks, salads, and cereal.
Worries/Concerns: Weight gain. Swelling, though I am cutting out most salts and sugars where I can, so that’s good! And I’ve been staying active.
Goals and to what I look forward: Definitely looking forward to Sam coming home. Miss him so much. Looking forward to getting into some aerobics classes again this week at the YMCA. I’d like to make it downtown to go to Williams Sonoma and a few other stores. We’ll see!